Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Endeavour Lands - My Personal Future

http://www.space.com/11840-space-shuttle-endeavour-final-touchdown.html

Well, my baby is back on Terra Firma, and the mission of STS-134 is now complete. Success on all fronts, and I'm happy that everyone is now home safe.

It's been a fun ride and I've enjoyed every moment working here. The next few months will see things slow down significantly. I'm still helping a bit with Atlantis's last mission, since the CM Manager for OV-104 is pregnant and going to be in and out basically from about now until after the program is over. But by all accounts the CM level work for STS-135 is done until she returns.

We're all effectively done come August 5th, plus a few days if the launch date for Atlantis slips, but not much more than that. Back to Orlando we go, and instead of working for someone else doing their bidding, I'm going to try and start my own company, using my technical education and background to try and do something positive for the world...fully automated off-grid self sustaining aquaponic farm systems. :)

To that end, this blog might have to take a back seat for a little while, as I will be working hard to get my company up and running. I hope to be able to post something of interest every once in a while, but I make no guarantees.

Time will tell how everything will pan out, but that's how the universe operates...always moving forward. :)


2 comments:

quetzy said...

A worthy goal indeed. Best of luck to you, and let us know how it goes from time to time ;)

Douglas Mallette said...

Thanks, and I will, on here occasionally and more frequently on my Facebook Page.