Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Obama's National Academy of Sciences Speech

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/09/04/27/The-Necessity-of-Science/

For those who only wish to focus on a 5 second teleprompter screw up, it's disturbing the level to which bitter people will find fault with whatever they oppose (on both sides of the political aisle). I'm generally Conservative and not happy with a lot of Obama's fiscal policies and Congresses desire to overtake private business, but I feel those issues will be rectified when mid-term elections juggle the power base a bit. I think the Dems are in for a rude awakening.

However, I'm not petty enough to whine forever about everything and I will acknowledge Obama's positive moves when I see them. This speech about math/science is one of them. It's actually kind of funny, because some of the things he wants to do are some of the same things I talk about in my book. Now I need to revise some of my book to account for this. lol. It's all good, because the end result is a positive move for science, math, engineering, and progress.

Thank you, Mr. President.

1 comment:

Norman Copeland said...

The planet Earth is a difficult place for humanitarians, I believe Barack Obama an example of a culturally adept man, I believe him to be a man for the people and one of the people, I believe Barack Obama a human man with very modest opinions about a world which is culturally challenging.

I feel safe with the President of the united states of America and that 'I like'.

I'm not saying anything clever or pious, you can be my wingman anytime.

Congratulations Mr President people like you will be supported based upon integrity and the american constitution which I unconditionally believe you represent.

The science fraternity is learning and among such a pleasant presidential climate I believe people will have the opportunity to get things ship shape.

May our dreams manifest.